I'm originally from Baltimore, Maryland, and now live in White Plains, New York with my amazing wife Elina and daughter Lielle.
Some of my other interests are feminism, driving, hiking, cycling, travel, the future, Judaism, Israel, science fiction, video games, gadgets, and science.
- Avi Flax on Twitter: "Alien: Isolation trophy Survivor(Gold) (4%) http://t.co/tYqkOsfGWA"Alien: Isolation trophy Survivor(Gold) (4%)
- Cool Tools â€“ Lazarus Form RecoveryLazarus Form Recovery via Feedbin Starred Entries for firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ground Floor Coworking | Work at Your Own Space (New Rochelle)Ground Floor Coworking evolved from a Gilwit family principle: when we have something nice to share, we share it. We wanted a professional and creative space in New Rochelle to bring our business ideas to lifeâ€¦and believe you do, too. So regardless of where you are in your journey- budding or seasoned, fledgling or established, […]
- Why java.util.Optional is broken - Atlassian DevelopersAs of Java 8, there is a new java.util.Optional class that can be used to represent the optional presence of a value in the type. Traditionally, Javaâ€¦
- Migrating bajillions of database records at Stripe | Robert HeatonSoftware Engineer at Stripe One track lover/Down a two-way lane There are roughly ten thousand bajillion (to the nearest bajillion) merchants registered withâ€¦
- Goldman Sachs just poured millions into a startup that wants to make selling your car less annoyingSelling your car is annoying, especially if you want to sell to a person and not be ripped off by a dealer. Itâ€™s about trust and money, and itâ€™s hard to have aâ€¦
- hail hydraThere's a conversation that I've had a few times in the last ~10 years that I've been a software engineer, that goes something like this. Databases are known toâ€¦
- Not-so-Invisible Ninjas - Charlie's DiaryNot-so-Invisible Ninjas via Feedbin Starred Entries for email@example.com
- Last week I accidentally posted an internal rant about service platforms to myâ€¦Steve YeggeSteve YeggeShared publicly - 2011-10-21 Last week I accidentally posted an internal rant about service platforms to my public Google+ account (i.e.â€¦
- its-not-software - steveyegge2You don't work in the software industry. The software industry has been around a lot longer than ours, and it continues to thrive in parallel to ours. There'sâ€¦