I'm originally from Baltimore, Maryland, and now live in White Plains, New York with my amazing wife Elina and daughter Lielle.
Professionally, Iâ€™m a software designer and developer currently working at Park Assist.
Some of my other interests are feminism, driving, hiking, cycling, travel, the future, Judaism, Israel, science fiction, video games, gadgets, and science.
- Commander: Better Distributed Applications through CQRS, Event Sourcing, and Immutable LogsPublished September 17, 2016 in Programming Talk video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1-gS0oEtYc Reference implementation on GitHub:â€¦
- Event sourcing, CQRS, stream processing and Apache Kafka: Whatâ€™s the connection? - ConfluentLetâ€™s take an example. Consider a Facebook-like social networking app (albeit a completely hypothetical one) that updates the profiles database when a userâ€¦
- Announcing Apache Kafka 0.10.1.0 - ConfluentThe Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Kafka 0.10.1.0. This is a feature release which includes the completion of 15 KIPs, overâ€¦
- How to integrate Slack with Confluence Â· TettraHow to integrate Slack with Confluence 28 Sep 2016 by Andy Moving off Hipchat onto Slack and still using Confluence as your internal wiki? Then you might beâ€¦
- Serverless â€” Deploy ThyselfServerless â€” Deploy Thyself Over the past year or so thereâ€™s been a growing interest in s erverless /Function-as-a-Service/s ervicefull style compute models.â€¦
- Distributed stream processing with Apache KafkaDistributed stream processing with Apache Kafka - YouTube YouTube Clear History Enable History Disable History 46:27 Keynotes 4 / 4 Reactive Summit 31:16 Aâ€¦
- TwitterThis feels familiar #TeamWork
- History of Actors (eighty-twenty news)Yesterday, I presented the history of actors to Christos Dimoulasâ€™ History of Programming Languages class. Here are the written-out talk notes I preparedâ€¦
- Part-time PowerBackground: Y Combinator (YC) is an influential seed accelerator and VC firm founded by Paul Graham and run by Sam Altman. Sam may remember me from the time Iâ€¦